Honours studies in this area will advance students' knowledge and competencies in the discipline of international studies.
Students are required to complete 48 points of study comprising a thesis and two coursework units. The coursework units and the thesis topic are chosen in consultation with the international studies honours coordinator for the campus of enrolment.
Intending honours students
Students intending to enter honours in international studies must have completed a major or specialisation in that discipline.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points)
Units are 12 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
Students complete one of the following in their chosen discipline:
- ATS4230 Arts honours thesis (24 points)
- ATS4231 Arts honours thesis A and ATS4232 Arts honours thesis B
- AMU4718 Arts honours dissertation 1 and AMU4719 Arts honours dissertation 2
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
- ATS4205 Methods and topics in international studies
and one of:
- APG4314 Seeking justice: South Africa and Rwanda
- ATS4810 Global justice: Civil and human rights after 1945
- ATS4286 Final journey: Remembering the Holocaust
- ATS4287 War and peace: Models of conflict resolution
- ATS4367 Placement research project for honours in international studies*
- AMU4720 Research issues and methodology
- AMU4727 Readings in social, political and cultural theory
A3701 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)