Starting a university degree can be overwhelming for anyone. A new environment, a different style of learning, and making new friends can often feel scary and intimidating. But your child doesn't have to feel alone. There is help available.
Monash Transition Program
- This Program provides support for all students, helping them to adjust to university life and study.
- It offers advice on teaching and learning styles, university life, procedures, practices and university culture.
- Later-year students show small groups of first-year students around Monash.
- Students get the opportunity to meet people, join social activities, understand how the system works, and become familiar with the campus.
- A series of academic and fun social activities to help students settle into university life and celebrate the beginning of the academic year.
- Activities include mock lectures, mock tutorials and workshops, barbecues, club days, entertainment, library tours and opportunities to meet lecturers, tutors and other students.