The IEP and INAP are both pathway programs designed to support Indigenous Australians who wish to undertake university studies. These pathways are specifically designed to support Indigenous Australians in making a successful transition to university study. The programs develop skills which enable success in a university environment.
Indigenous students who apply through VTAC for entry into Monash University courses but just miss out, may apply to undertake the Indigenous Enabling Program (IEP) or the Indigenous Non-Award Pathway (INAP) for Australian Indigenous students.
Mature-age Indigenous people who want to undertake a university course but have been away from education for some time can apply for either the IEP or INAP.
IEP is a full-time program which is Abstudy approved. INAP is part-time and is for those students who are unable to study full-time, you cannot receive Abstudy while enrolled in INAP.
You can apply if you:
- are of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) descent; and
- have writing skills comparable to a Year 12 pass or TAFE equivalent; and
- can demonstrate a strong commitment to tertiary study; and either
- have applied through VTAC to undertake a degree course at Monash University and either have just missed out on a place or think that you will miss out on an offer of a place; or
- are mature age and interested in pursuing further study.
How can I apply?
Please download the following application form.
Pathways application form 2013 (word).
Kristel Keleher via email or on +61 3 9905 8699 if you need any assistance.