Summer and winter research scholarships are run over the summer and winter breaks. If you're interested in a research career or furthering your studies through an honours program, this is a great opportunity to get ahead over the holidays.
Research scholarships aim to provide you with:
- experience in an area of research
- an insight into future opportunities within research
- encouragement to pursue a career in research or academia.
If successful, you will take part in research-related activities.
Summer research scholarships
Applications close Friday 7 October at 5pm.
The Cancer Council are offering summer vacation scholarships. Applications close 22 September 2016.
Eligibility and selection
- The number offered varies
- Based on academic achievement
- You must meet all prerequisite requirements for a project where specified
- Some projects require an interview. As part of your application, your interview performance will be assessed
- You will be matched to projects based on your preferences and eligibility
||All conditions must be met:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa, or an international student
- Enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student with an Australian higher education provider
- Normally have completed at least the second year of an undergraduate degree
- Not a full-time, continuing employee of Monash University
- Summer Round 1 applications: 11 - 29 July
- Notice of outcome: early September
- Summer Round 2 applications: 12 Sep - 7 Oct
- Notice of outcome: mid-November
- Winter applications: May
- Notice of outcome: June
- Summer (Rounds 1 & 2): 21 Nov - 24 Feb
- Winter: late June - July
- In a single application you can nominate up to three preferences. If you make multiple applications, we consider only the most recent application and preferences.
- Students from a university other than Monash must provide their academic record (transcript) either by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or post to our mailing address
Staff and project supervisors (login)