Green Steps @ Uni Training Component
The training component of the @ Uni program consists of 6 days of group-based learning. Sessions are spread over two long weekends and cover five key learning areas. Training is highly interactive and emphasises teamwork and student participation. Our style is informal, engaging, and hands-on and we draw on the experience of the group to facilitate learning.
Green Steps participants are trained by trainers who have all worked in professional environmental change positions within companies and organisations. Specialist guest speakers and former Green Steps' participants also share their experiences with participants.
Green Steps training tackles the following:
- Environmental issues and responses: energy, climate change, waste and water, and organisational responses to these environmental issues;
- Environmental auditing: an introduction to waste, energy and water auditing, and carbon accounting;
- Communication for change: effective communication to foster change within organisations, including constructing coherent arguments, presenting environmental data and recommendations, staff engagement and presentation skills;
- Behavioural change management: understanding your role as a change agent and personal and organisational drivers, and behavioural change theory and program design;
- Project planning and management: problem mapping, strategic prioritisation and action planning for sustainability in an organisation.
Our Programs & Initiatives