The MHTP Medical Genomics Facility services the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP). The MHPT is a partnership between the Monash Institute of Medical Research (MIMR), Prince Henry's Institute, Monash University and Southern Health.
We provide access to a range of enabling genomics services via our two core facilities:
- The Gandel Charitable Trust Sequencing Centre – offers NATA accredited DNA sequencing services. This supports our reputation for quality, long-read sequence data and comprehensive support.
- The Australian Cancer Research Foundation Centre for Cancer Genomic Medicine (ACCGM) provides greater insight into the nature of genes involved in cancer.
Our vision is to help translate scientific discoveries into clinically beneficial outcomes.
- DNA sequencing
- Sequencing and electrophoresis
- Purification and electrophoresis
- Electrophoretic separation
- Fragment analysis
- DNA, RNA and protein analysis
- Whole or targeted genome
- Whole transcriptome
- Small RNA sequencing
- Gene expression profiling
- ChIP sequencing
- Methylation analysis
Our key technology
- Applied Biosystems 3130xl Genetic Analyzers
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR Systems
- Qiagen Robotic Liquid Handlers
- Biorad Experion
- Applied Biosystems SOLID 5500 and EZ Bead System
- Covaris Adaptive Focused Acoustic Shearing
- Agilent Bioanalyzer
You can access this facility via:
- Collaborative research
- Fee for service