12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 to First semester 2020 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in course 4516. Must have completed or be enrolled in.
Must be enrolled in course 4516.
PTY3000 completed as part of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons) embedded honours programme.
This unit guides student in the development of a high quality research proposal that underpins the empirical work undertaken as an honours student. It is delivered via face to face meetings and online modules. Students have different research training needs, varying with the nature of the proposed project. Students complete a compulsory ethics module and seven of 13 optional modules that best to meet their specific research training needs.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply knowledge of appropriate research design in the development of a high quality research proposal
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles of ethical research through the development and submission of an ethics application to conduct research
- determine, justify and apply data analysis methods appropriate for a research question.
- Research proposal (Summative) (Hurdle) (50%)
- Weekly quizzes (Summative) (Hurdle) (50%)
- Professional behaviour in communication (written or verbal) with department staff (Hurdle)
- Ethics application (Hurdle)
This 12 CP unit requires 24 contact and private study hours per week over 12 weeks.
See also Unit timetable information