6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Summer semester B 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester A 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester B 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester C 2018 (On-campus)
Management theory and its application in various cultures. Topics covered include: the role of culture; motivation; global leadership; international human resources management; international teams, and ethics and social responsibility.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- assess the application of management theory to various global cultures
- explain the complex challenges of the multinational business enterprise at the interpersonal and operational levels
- compare a range of cross-cultural variables in the business environment
- apply theory to cross cultural scenarios
- critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of national culture assessment tools.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information