6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
The unit takes a positive and appreciative approach, presenting supportable practices and interventions to help understand and develop more positive and productive individual, team and organisational behaviours and outcomes. A range of relevant issues will be addressed at the organisational, environmental, team and individual levels including: the employment relationship, reward systems, positive organisational behaviours, learning, leadership, teamwork, technology, emotions, culture and diversity.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- describe and discuss the major theories and concepts that pertain to understanding behaviour in organisations
- describe and discuss contemporary perspectives in Organisational Behaviour, including the Positive Organisational Behaviour approach to this field
- engage with the relevant research literature, and draw on that literature to make plausible, evidence-based predictions about how environmental factors may influence organisational behaviour
- examine the role of Organisational Behaviour theory in enhancing both individual and organisational effectiveness.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information