6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit together withprovides a holistic approach to project management. The emphasis of this unit is on theoretical foundation of project management in global environment, and adequate level of understanding of skills necessary for people to be involved in and managing projects globally. The practical exercises and relevant case studies will familiarize students with as many of current issues/problems/solutions as possible, and thus increase their ability to recognize the potential pitfalls in managing projects globally and provide appropriate solutions for them.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse and evaluate theories and concepts of program and portfolio project management in a global context;
- assess and synthesise diverse information regarding the ways of achieving maturity in global project management;
- evaluate innovative ideas and strategies for managing global projects;
- demonstrate and modify relevant software methodologies in creating and managing project databases;
- develop professional/personal skills - team work; leadership; ethical behaviour; analytical skills, including lateral problem solving and critical thinking.
Examination (2 hours with 30 minutes reading and noting time): 40%; In-semester assessment: 60%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours of lectures
- One 2-hour tutorial
- Study schedule for off-campus students: Off-campus students generally do not attend lecture and tutorial sessions, however should plan to spend equivalent time working through the relevant resources and participating in discussion groups each week.
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours independent study per week for completing tutorial and project work, private study and revision.
See also Unit timetable information