6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Associate Dean (Education) approval required.
Prerequisite Knowledge: Research methods and a sound understanding of the research topic area.
Students are not permitted to enrol in this unit more than once.
FIT5000 is an extension unit for all FIT coursework masters minor thesis degrees, where appropriate. Entry only available on approval by the Associate Dean (Education) where exceptional circumstances have been determined.
On completion of the Masters thesis, students will be able to:
- design a rigorous Masters level research project and develop project proposal;
- critically review research literature, research design and reported findings;
- evaluate and select research methods and techniques of data collection and analysis appropriate to particular research designs, projects and disciplines;
- conduct ethical research;
- communicate research findings in written and oral form in research and industry settings.
Presentation and final thesis (normally 15,000 - 20,000 words): 100%
Varies according to remaining requirements. To be determined by the Supervisor/Co-ordinator.
See also Unit timetable information