6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
One of, , , , FIT1002 or or equivalent
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the current technological options with respect to e-business application development and the most likely trends going forward;
- analyse and debug existing e-Business applications;
- design, code and test basic e-Business applications using current industrial strength techniques;
- describe and use some of the core APIs used in e-Business applications;
- apply good programming practices in accordance with industry standards and professional ethics.
Examination (2 hours plus 30 minutes reading and noting time): 60%; In-semester assessment: 40%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours of lectures
- One 2-hour laboratory
- One 1-hour tutorial
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 7 hours of personal study per week in order to satisfy the reading and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information