6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
The principal development process focus of the unit will be on the social, legal and business context in which multimedia and games development companies must operate. Students will work actively in teams on the development of a multimedia or games application or exhibit. Project teams will use project planning/management skills, and design and build a prototype of the project using appropriate software processes and methodologies. Students will integrate multimedia, programming and technical knowledge in the development process. Requirements are fulfilled by the team producing an identified set of deliverables. The team must ensure that each deliverable is completed on schedule.
At the completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- develop a project management plan for delivering a multimedia/game application or product;
- create a game/multimedia application or product OR create a working prototype of a game/multimedia application or product;
- work collaboratively in a team environment;
- communicate project progress to stakeholders;
- document and report on project progress.
Practical assignments: 100%. Assignments will include group and individual components.
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- One 4-hour studio
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours additional study per week for team meetings, client meetings, product development, preparation of project deliverables and process journal upkeep.
See also Unit timetable information