6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
Twelve credit points of second-year Arts units.
Upon successful completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding relations between indigenes and Europeans in Australia.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the epistemological issues and problems evident in the study of Australian Aboriginal History.
- Think critically and communicate effectively. Specifically to:
- develop a topic for investigation
- show an awareness of both the diversity of interpretations of the past, and the nature of such forms of knowledge
- familiarise oneself with a range of sources
- display precision in argument and documentation
- recognise and be able to present a logically ordered argument.
Within semester assessment: 75% + Exam: 25%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information