6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Term 3 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
- Trimester 3 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
ATS1221 or equivalent
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) at Prato that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Winter Arts ProgramWinter Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/winter-program.html).
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered in non-standard teaching periodsnon-standard teaching periods (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/dates/census).
This unit aims to provide a basic foundation in the basic language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing Italian, and a brief introduction to contemporary Italian social and political history and culture. It is specifically designed for those students who have little or no knowledge of the language.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners should be able to:
- understand, speak and write basic Italian with reference to present, past and future events in a range of everyday situations;
- read elementary but authentic Italian texts;
- understand basic structural aspects of Italian;
- have an enhanced understanding of language learning and communication strategies, and
- understand key aspects of contemporary Italian culture and society.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement. + Additional requirements + This unit is taught intensively at Prato
See also Unit timetable information