Film and television studies offers graduate studies in:
- alternative film and video
- American film
- Asian film (Indonesian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Hong Kong, Indian)
- Australian film and television
- documentary film studies
- European film (especially French cinema)
- film aesthetics (form, style, narrative)
- film and television genre studies
- film history
- histories of film theory and criticism
- international film cultures and institutions
- teen film and television
- women and cinema
- women and television.
For a list of units in this area of study refer to the requirements for courses listed under 'Relevant courses'.