6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
Enrolment in the Master of Multimedia Design
Students are introduced to how the fundamental elements and principles of two and three-dimensional design are applied to Multimedia. Students gain the necessary design skills and knowledge to produce complex integrations of those selected principles of design, which form a solid basis to support visual communications for screen based media. Set projects encourage experimentation with various techniques and methods of interpretation.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Recognise, analyse and use the elements of design;
- Understand the role of visual communication and fundamental design principles as applied to Multimedia/New Media;
- Recognise some of the theoretical and psychological issues of selected colour theories;
- Understand and apply selected colour theories to digital media;
- Recognise, analyse and use typography;
- Express ideas and concepts for multimedia using visual communication forms, drawing, digital imaging, graphic design and typography; and
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety appropriate to studio practice.
12 hours per week including a 1-hour lecture and 3 studio hours, and 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information