6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in the Master of Urban Planning and Design.
This unit focuses on the capabilities and core competencies that contribute to the practice of a quality urban planning professional. This unit exposes students to issues around planners' professional abilities, conduct and values, and develops the capabilities to perform ethically and efficiently in addressing complex urban situations. Students will develop communication and collaborative skills necessary to help shape inclusive places.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Reflect on and understand professional roles and responsibilities of the planner in shaping the built environment;
- Apply listening, synthesising, graphic, written and verbal communication skills that contribute to the practice of the urban planning professional;
- Participate in collaborative processes required for effective planning processes;
- Reflect on and understand the professional ethics required of planners;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information