6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is quota restricted. Selection is on a first-in, first enrolled basis. For more information please contact the faculty at http://monash.edu/pharm/future/contact/
Previously coded PGC5009
This unit is a natural progression fromand will allow students to further consolidate their research skills. Emphasis is on data analysis, drawing conclusions from the research, and development of the final research report. The final report will involve a verbal presentation of the entire project, and submission of a written report.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Analyse data in a manner appropriate to the chosen study design and results obtained.
- Interpret research findings in the context of previous research in the field.
- Develop and conduct a program of research.
- Prepare and deliver an oral presentation about research findings to a diverse audience of healthcare personnel and academics.
- Integrate peer, collaborator and supervisor feedback and critical reflection to prepare a written research report.
- Demonstrate time management skills by meeting set deadlines and proactively negotiating adjustments to agreed timelines.
- Reflect and report on limitations of the research process and outcomes.
Class presentation of research project (20 minute): 20% (hurdle)
Written submission of research project: 40% (hurdle)
Monash review panel mark: 40% (hurdle)
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. The unit requires on average 10-12 hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include teacher directed learning, reading time, participation in online discussion boards or discussion groups, research and preparation for assignments.
See also Unit timetable information