6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
With increasing availability of data and computing power, more and more companies are using data driven decision making, and data is becoming the heart of the corporate decision making process. In this unit, you will learn the power of marketing analytics and its effectiveness in making better decisions. Working with multiple marketing metrics and models, you will develop skills to identify problems, analyse data and develop optimal decisions for various marketing issues.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- evaluate and use a range of marketing metrics and models, and apply them to analyse business problems
- develop a capability to interpret metrics and model outcomes, evaluate strategies and develop managerial recommendations
- recognise the strengths and limitations of various metrics and models.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information