6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Students must have passedor equivalent, or be granted permission by the Chief Examiner to undertake this unit.
Students must be enrolled in course B4001, B5001, B5002, B6006, B6007, B6009 or B6012.
Examines change management from both theoretical and practical perspectives. Theory relating to employee responses to change and promoting readiness for change. Organisation Development -- characteristics of OD, process models, role of the practitioner, interventions; Organisational transformation -- nature and characteristics, models, strategic change leadership and capability.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- recognise the challenges and issues arising out of organisational change initiatives
- recall various change models and frameworks, their foundations and relative strengths and weaknesses
- apply change models and concepts to real-life organisational change
- identify the skills and abilities required to be an effective change agent
- develop reflective and evaluative skills as a change agent.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information