0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in 3111
Design Theory Workshop examines theoretical models and investigative methods in contemporary research. The candidate develops a conceptual framework of studio research and exegesis that identifies the relations between research intention and research method.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Have identified a conceptual framework for the research;
- Be able to argue the logic of their research process;
- Be able to situate the relevance of their research within a contemporary context;
- Have translated an aspect of their enquiry into a relevant form of scholarship to the field of research (i.e. academic poster, abstract, conference paper, journal article, research report);
- Be equipped to sustain an exegetical elaboration of their research.
100% in-semester assessment
10 hours per week including 2 contact hours plus 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information