18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Successful completion of Collaborative Design Studio 2
This unit is the capstone studio to the Collaborative Design specialisation within the Master of Design. Students demonstrate the advancement of their design research and practice abilities within a highly sophisticated project developed to a professional level of accomplishment. Projects will be drawn from or based upon relevant industry or societal issues. While continuing to build on their capacity as collaborative designers, students will engage with planning tools and relevant production processes that also highlight their individual contributions to the design process. The unit engages closely with the co-requisite Exegesis unit in order to document and articulate their design process and refinement. Students engage deeply with their chosen project and are able to further develop and advance their efficacy in design.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Plan and organise work flow in systems relevant to industry;
- Manage and organise interactions with external suppliers and expertise as required of their project;
- Synthesise and articulate their design process;
- Realise their design outcome(s) to an sophisticated level of production;
- Understand and evaluate the efficacy of their own design concepts;
- Demonstrate their individual design skills and thinking within a collaborative design process; and
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety appropriate to studio practice.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 8 contact hours plus 16 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information