6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit continues the student's development in the field of transportation design. Further study is undertaken in materials technology, ergonomics, future trends and external influences. Project work will be undertaken using the appropriate drawing and rendering techniques to initiate and present transportation concepts.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Have advanced visualising capability in the field of transport design;
- Be able to detail their design solutions and produce three dimensional representations;
- Be able to analyse transport design problems in detail;
- Understand appropriate transportation nomenclature;
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information