6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
IAR1211, IAR1201, IAR2201
This unit will focus on the physical and qualitative properties of common materials employed in interior architecture projects. Projects will focus on the development of observation and analytical skills to support the investigation of these properties, and the potential for their application in design.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will have the ability to:
- Identify common materials employed in interior architecture projects, and their qualities and physical properties;
- Explain basic structural principles as they pertain to different materials;
- Consider key issues of environmental sustainability in relation to material selection and design;
- Incorporate an understanding of materials in the critique and development of simple design proposals;
- Inderstand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information