0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit is catered for research postgraduates and will focus on three main aspects of communicating research in the fields of engineering:
- writing a research paper
- preparing a thesis and
- oral and poster presentation.
Students will be able to master best practices of presenting their results in the written form, as well as defending their research orally.
On successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- Articulate their research output in the form of a research paper in a concise and professional manner.
- Review and critique the work of others by conducting peer review on research papers.
- Present their research clearly and effectively to the general audience.
- Defend their research orally and in the written form.
Continuous assessment: 100%
Students are required to achieve at least 45% in the total continuous assessment component and at least 45% in the final examination component and an overall mark of 50% to achieve a pass grade in the unit.
2 hours of lectures, 2 hours of workshop or group work activities and 8 hours of private study per week
See also Unit timetable information