12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
or by permission
Multi-faceted and multidisciplinary projects. Studies of the contemporary discourse in spaces, objects and images. Their embodiment as habitats, artefacts and communications. Related social theory. Students articulate and test their individual design philosophies in studio discussion.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Articulate a personal aesthetic that responds to contemporary discourse in design;
- Undertake design projects with a high degree of integration of all project factors;
- Competently resolve the technical and/or structural requirements of the design;
- Specify the production scenario for the design;
- Communicate the design with high quality presentations and specifications;
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety principles appropriate to studio practice.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 8 contact hours plus 16 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information