12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
A minimum of 120 credit points including, , and
ENG0001 (for Clayton students)
Development and conduct of a specific research or other open-ended project, which may involve literature search, experimental design, equipment design, equipment commissioning, experimentation, troubleshooting, problem solving, data gathering, analysis and interpretation of data, oral and written reporting.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Synthesise outcomes from a literature review to identify specific research gaps.
- Apply engineering knowledge and judgement in experimental design, including the design and commissioning of experimental equipment
- Generate new knowledge based on the gathering, analysis and interpretation of experimental data.
- Generate and deliver effective oral and written reporting of the research work.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes of a professional engineer.
6 hours lectures (first 3 weeks of semester) and 20 hours laboratory time and private study devoted to research and report writing per week
See also Unit timetable information