6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Trimester A 2019 (On-campus)
- Trimester B 2019 (On-campus)
- Trimester C 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be granted permission by the Chief Examiner to undertake this unit.
This unit is designed to provide students with the opportunity to put theory into practice in a business environment.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- compare and contrast theory and practice
- apply theory to practice in a supervised environment
- evaluate personal learning and personal development in a complex business environment
- analyse complex business problems and to prepare and present innovative solutions.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information