6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
ATS2175 or equivalent
This unit is designed to help students further develop their language skills and knowledge of Korean history, culture and society, with special emphasis on connecting with other disciplines and advanced self-learning skills, which will support their Korean study after finishing the course.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Speak and comprehend Korean with structural accuracy and vocabulary sufficient to manage most social situations
- Obtain information from spoken and written sources in Korean, using dictionaries, as required
- Read about and discuss issues regarding contemporary features of Korean society
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire information using Korean for other disciplines they are studying
- Develop advanced self-learning skills
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information