12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
The Transition architecture studio 2 is for those enrolled in the three-year Master of Architecture academic program and provides further foundations in architectural design and construction. The unit investigates the synthesis of complex issues inherent in the production of architecture, such as material, structure, construction, program, site, urbanism and representation. The unit will advance understanding of two and three-dimensional conventions for communicating architectural ideas across a range of media. Projects will develop more nuanced understanding of design as a visual language, a process of cultural production and a contributor to social and environmental sustainability.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a refined level of competence in architectural design;
- Understand how observation, analysis, experiment and critique apply to the architectural design process;
- Be able to skilfully communicate architectural ideas verbally, graphically and 3-dimensionally;
- Demonstrate ability to critically analyse and successfully respond to complex issues inherent in an architectural design project;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 6 contact hours plus 18 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information