6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
, and , or ARC1401, or TAD1101 and enrolled in the Bachelor of Architectural Design or Bachelor of Interior Architecture, or permission from Unit Coordinator
This unit introduces the history and theory of selected Australian and international architecture since 1968.The unit will also introduce methods for the written, spoken and visual analysis of buildings including site visits, analytical case studies and other forms of analysis. In addition to the theoretical and historical contexts of the buildings studied the unit will investigate their contribution to architectural design.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will have developed:
- A basic knowledge of the history and theory of post 1968 architecture;
- A basic knowledge of the varied contexts of post 1968 architecture;
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of techniques applicable to the visual analysis of architecture;
- A basic understanding of the selected buildings' contribution to architectural design;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours work per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent, delivered in regular and or intensive mode.
See also Unit timetable information