12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Director of relevant Graduate Program
- First semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Summer semester A 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Trimester 2 2019 (Flexible)
This unit is only available to students enrolled in an Masters degree from the Faculty of Arts. Approval of Course Coordinator required.
- Students need to contact the Arts Student ServicesArts Student Services (http://future.arts.monash.edu/contact-arts/) desk to enrol in the unit.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered in non-standard teaching periodsnon-standard teaching periods (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/dates/census).
Under the supervision of suitable academic staff, students will conduct independent research on an appropriate topic.
Upon successfully completing this subject students will be able to:
- Develop a model or conceptualisation of the proposed research project including methodological approach and research questions;
- Critically analyse, reflect on and synthesise the literature relevant to the project;
- Research and apply established theories to a body of knowledge or practice in their discipline;
- Critically analyse and communicate research findings and limitations of the project.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Master of Public PolicyMaster of Public Policy (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/courses/A6028.html)
Indigenous cultures and histories
Theatre and performanceTheatre and performance (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/aos/theatre-and-performance/)