12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Director of relevant Graduate Program
- First semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
This unit is only available to students enrolled in an Masters degree from the Faculty of Arts. Average of 75 Distinction across 24 credit points of core coursework units; and approval from Course Coordinator.
Under the supervision of suitable academic staff, students will conduct independent research on an appropriate topic. This research process continues inGraduate research thesis B, as a part of which students submit their research thesis.
Upon successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Formulate a research project;
- Conduct research independently;
- Demonstrate a command of the relevant literature;
- Critically analyse the relevant academic literature;
- Develop an academically sound argument;
- Demonstrate sophisticated written skills.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled meetings with a supervisor and independent study.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Master of Public PolicyMaster of Public Policy (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/courses/A6028.html)