12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in F3701 Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours)
This unit is the first part of a major art history, theory or curating research project. It provides an opportunity to research issues of art practice in the area(s) chosen by the student and approved by the department at the time of application. The thesis or equivalent will be developed under supervision, and students will be expected to meet regularly with their supervisors while undertaking independent research. This unit is followed byMajor project under which the project and research must be completed.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Identify and critically evaluate current discourse in relation to an area of contemporary artistic production or curation;
- Advance sustained critical arguments in relation to a specialised topic;
- Use research methodology to conduct high level scholarly or curatorial research in their chosen field;
- Communicate fresh interpretations of the literature or curatorial practice in their chosen field.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours (lecture, tutorial, individual supervision) per week.
See also Unit timetable information