Marketing is a philosophy that leads to the process by which organisations, groups and individuals satisfy their needs and wants by determining and selecting value, delivering it, and communicating it to others. Strategic marketing is concerned with the direction and scope of the long-term activities performed by the organisation in obtaining competitive advantage to satisfy customers while meeting shareholder expectations.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course, students successfully completing this major will:
- have the knowledge and skills to contribute to marketing decisions and be capable of responding to marketing challenges.
Strategic marketing is listed in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Malaysia as a major and minor.
Major requirements (48 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
- The following seven units (42 points):
- One unit (6 points) from the following:
- MKW2431 Business marketing
- MKW2500 Retail management
- MKW3300 Introduction to social commerce
- MKW3701 Neuroscience of decision-making: An introduction
Minor requirements (24 points)
Students complete the following four units (24 points):
- MKW1120 Marketing theory and practice
- MKW2402 Consumer behaviour
- MKW2420 Marketing research methods
- MKW3610 Marketing strategy and implementation
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2026 Bachelor of Business and Commerce
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the major using 48 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce component in the following double degree:
- B2027 Bachelor of Business and Commerce and Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies