12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
admission to BVisComm Honours
This unit is the first part of a major visual communication project. It provides an opportunity to research issues, undertake conceptual design and develop refinements on the basis of the advanced attainment achieved at the end of the Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication) course. In most instances the project is proposed by the student at the beginning of the semester in consultation with the lecturer, and approved by the lecturer and course coordinator. This allows the address of issues of capability or knowledge, or the development of specialist understanding or skills to be built into the student's program.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- demonstrate a capability to research and explore the full range of issues to be considered in a graphic design / visual Communication project
- be able to practice graphic design / visual communication to a high standard of professional competency
- be able to relate their work to contemporary discourse and seek to extend its boundaries through their design work
- be able to defend their chosen direction in the major project against informed criticism
- have a base of sound knowledge, understanding and capability to undertake their major project
- be capable of organising, developing and planning methodologies associated with the major project which will help to successfully determine a viable outcome
Mid semester portfolio:20% + Final portfolio:80%
6 hours in class and 18 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information