6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit examines managing project scope, time, cost and quality, exploring key concepts and apply relevant techniques. Specific topics will cover definition of the scope, and authorisation of the project. Time management includes the definition of project activities, estimating the duration and dependencies of tasks and activities, developing and controlling a schedule, as well as planning project resources. Cost management includes feasibility analysis, cost estimating, and the management and control of the project budget. Managing project quality includes planning for quality, performing quality assurance, and controlling quality.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Analyse critically the relationship between time, cost and quality concepts and their impact on project scope, execution, monitoring and control.
- Critically evaluate and apply appropriate techniques to proactively integrate all elements of the project.
- Evaluate the performance of time, cost and quality against the project scope.
- Examine strategies, protocols and innovative methods for communicating, controlling and monitoring projects and performance.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Workshop; which comprise lectures and tutorials in block-mode (taught over two sets of 2.5 consecutive days), with up to 140 hours of combined face-to-face time attending workshops and off-campus preparation and assessment work.
See also Unit timetable information