6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must have passed MKG2420 oror or MKB2420 before undertaking this unit.
, , MKG3440,
This unit explores corporate strategy and marketing strategy, strategic perspectives on buyer behaviour, strategic use of marketing mix variables such as communication, pricing, distribution, product, external and internal decision environments, market position and analysis, corporate and marketing strategic direction, managing marketing strategy planning and control.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically analyse the effectiveness of marketing strategy at different levels of the organisation using case studies
- apply marketing theories and model to analysing and formulating marketing strategy analysis and formulation processes
- assess the role of segmentation, targeting and positioning strategy and the marketing mix elements in the strategy making process
- formulate and recommend strategic solutions that add measurable value to the organisations used in case studies
- examine the feasibility of implementing and controlling chosen marketing strategies.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information