6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (Off-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (Evening)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course B5002, B6006, B6007, B6009 or B6012.
This unit is an introduction to services and operations management concepts. The unit introduces operations management concepts in delivering value to customers, within and across organisations. Furthermore, the unit introduces and investigates service management in a variety of industry contexts, including discretionary and non-discretionary services. The services and operations concepts are synthesised through applied assessment.
The learning objectives associated with this unit are to:
- define and distinguish between services and operations management principles and practices
- outline and apply operations management concepts in delivering value to customers
- apply and analyse discretionary and non-discretionary service management concepts
- synthesise services and operations management concepts.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information