6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
This unit andare key units for developing the essence of interior architecture practice. In this unit, the focus is on extending and mastering the range of factors covered in to achieve high quality technical, historical, symbolic, aesthetic and social design solutions
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- achieve solutions for interior design projects which integrate technical factors, as well as human and social requirements within an holistic aesthetic resolution not limited by the constraints of the project
- resolve increasingly complex interior architecture projects
- understand a range of design communication media and demonstrate competency in them
- have a firm grasp of methodical approaches to interior architecture projects
- provide clear reasoning for their choice of methodology, media, design options and solutions
- articulate an aesthetic for their design in terms of a social/historical context
- understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
Major design project: 90%. Oral and written presentation: 10%
12 hours per week, including 4 studio hours and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information