6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
, IAR1201, IAR2201
This unit will focus on the physical and qualitative properties of common materials employed in interior architecture projects. Projects will focus on the development of observation and analytical skills to support the investigation of these properties, and the potential for their application in design.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have the ability to:
- identify common materials employed in interior architecture projects, and their qualities and physical properties
- explain basic structural principles as they pertain to different materials
- consider key issues of environmental sustainability in relation to material selection and design
- incorporate an understanding of materials in the critique and development of simple design proposals
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% Mixed Mode Assessment.
Includes progressive assessment and folio.
On campus: 12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information