0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology or Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology
The DPsych program has established a network of placements in a variety of settings within which students can receive appropriate practica training. The practica coordinator and staff at the agency arrange the placements. Student preferences, practica availability and student training needs are taken account of in this process. Which agency and supervisor, number of days for the practica and also the commencement and completion dates are specified. Students are not permitted to negotiate their own practica or change any practica arrangements without first obtaining approval from the University Practica Coordinator.
On completion of the initial practicum, students will be:
- expected to have gained an appreciation of the professional role a psychologist in practice and to have an understanding of the delivery of a service to patients, clients and other interested parties;
- to have acquired an understanding of the context of the delivery of the service and the particular function it serves to the individual and the community at large;
- to have developed an appreciation of the competing demands on service delivery and the range of issues which impact on service delivery;
- expected to become proficient in establishing rapport with patients, administering and scoring the commonly used intellectual, diagnostic and personality tests, integrating the results and providing appropriate oral and written reports;
- expected to have developed an understanding of the functioning of a multi-disciplinary team and the role of its various members.
Placement Contract (Hurdle)
Mid-placement Review (Hurdle)
Student Diary (Hurdle)
Student Case/Logbook (Hurdle)
Supervisor Logbook (Hurdle)
Final Student Assessment Report (Hurdle)
Final Supervisor Assessment Report (Hurdle)
Participation in OSCE (Hurdle)