0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (Off-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (External Candidature)
Students must be enrolled in the MADA Doctor of Philosophy course code 1322
Research Methods 2 examines theory models and investigative methods in contemporary research. The candidate develops a conceptual framework of studio research and exegesis or thesis that identifies the relations between research intention and research method.
On successful completion of this unit, candidates will:
- have further developed the discursive approach to the subject of their research and its field of inquiry;
- have further developed the critical understanding of methodologies in contemporary research;
- be able to argue the logic of their research process;
- be able to situate the relevance of their research within a contemporary context;
- have further developed the forms, languages and conventions applicable to their research;
- have developed the conceptual framework, research design and logic of their research process to sustain an exegetical or thesis elaboration of their research.
In semester assessment: 100%
2 hours per week, 8 hours of private study
See also Unit timetable information