Marketing is the process of creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging offerings that have value for customers. The major in marketing will provide you with valuable insight and background into the principal activities of marketing for use in any part of an organisation. By focusing on a particular area of marketing you will equip yourself with the skills and knowledge that will allow you to find your niche within the broadest possible spectrum of roles.
Marketing is listed in the Bachelor of Business at Caulfield as a major or minor.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course, students successfully completing this major will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and skills that contribute to marketing decisions and be capable of responding to marketing challenges.
Major requirements (48 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
- The following four units (24 points):
- Any four units (24 points) with the prefix MKF or MKX offered at the Caulfield campus, with at least two units (12 points) at level 3.
Minor requirements (24 points)
- MKF1120 Marketing theory and practice
- MKF2111 Buyer behaviour
- MKF2801 Marketing insights
- one level 1, 2 or 3 unit (6 points) with the prefix MKF or MKX offered at the Caulfield campus
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2000 Bachelor of Business
Students in this course can complete the minor using 24 points of their free electives.*
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor or major by using 24 or 48 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Business component in the following double degrees:
- B2019 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Arts
- B2013 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Business Specialist
- B2017 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2028 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Media Communication
- F2004 Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Business
- D3007 Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Business
- F2007 Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Business