6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit presents opportunities for students to undertake research and further develop knowledge and skills acquired in VCO2003 Graphic Design 3. The projects are designed to provide intellectual and practical challenges to students. Students undertake work which is speculative, allowing for experimentation and exploration of design concepts, techniques and processes, and are encouraged to consider the role designers play in the creation of visual culture(s).
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- demonstrate an ability to apply research skills to their assigned projects
- execute practical and conceptual briefs with increased confidence and competence
- express an informed personal vision through experimentation and critical inquiry
- connect visual and verbal expression
- identify and resolve design problems in a creative and considered manner
- demonstrate an ability to develop concepts and apply techniques and processes
- Understand the role designers play in the creation of visual culture(s)
- understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
Major projects: 80%. Minor projects: 20%
12 hours per week, including; 4 studio hours and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information