12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Theories and knowledge regarding direct work with clients in a variety of social work settings. The context of casework practice and some alternative methods of working with individuals and groups.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Understand the role and purpose of casework, the sources of knowledge in casework and the relevance of outcome evaluation.
- Critically analyse their own practice and at least one casework theory.
- Essay 1 (6,000 words) (70%)
- Topic synopsis (1,000 words) (10%)
- Essay 2 (2,000 words) (20%)