6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit gives students the opportunity to further develop the ideas concepts, materials and processes begun in Printmedia 2A units. Students will extend the establishment of an individual and self directed practice within the broad parameters of the printmedia discipline. Methods and materials specific to the printmedia discipline will be demonstrated and practiced. Students will be encouraged to develop further appropriate links between these methods and other means of creative self-expression. Set projects will require students to develop technical skills hand in hand with their understanding of concepts of current relevance.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- have solid grounding in a range of printmedia techniques
- have tested and explored the expressive possibilities offered by these techniques, and their link to other art methods as appropriate
- be able to choose and control the tools of personal expression in the visual arts with increasing sophistication
- have made connections between their studio work and a contemporary visual art context
- demonstrate a grasp of the importance of research to art practice
- be able to present their work in critique sessions with growing confidence as to its theoretical and historical rationale
- understand and practice the rules of occupational health and safety in force in the printmedia studio
Folio 100%, including a mid-semester assessment of at least 20% of the final mark.
12 hours per week, including six hours of taught studio and six hours of personal study and studio practice
See also Unit timetable information
Admission to BFA course.
FNA1503 or FNA1402