6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- First semester 2017 (Evening)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Evening)
This unit draws strongly on the expanding fields of positive psychology and positive organisational scholarship, to provide students with a sound practical, theoretical and empirical grounding for developing enhanced self knowledge, self esteem and efficacy, resilience, well being, effective relationships and a high quality of life.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop skills in self-awareness, acceptance and effective goal setting
- enhance skills in identifying and developing personal strengths; efficacy, positive thinking and self-talk, change; optimism and resiliency
- enhance skills in understanding and developing effective, mutually beneficial relationships
- develop skill in applying all concepts (above) to achieve enhanced individual, team, organisational and community success.
Within semester assessment: 70%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
MGX9940, GSB9002, MGX9002 and MGX5992.