6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- MBA Teaching Period 1 2017 (On-campus block of classes)
Effective management of people can benefit organisational performance. This unit examines how organisations can effectively lead and manage people for competitive advantage in diverse organisational settings. The unit considers the human resource function, managing individual motivation, behaviour and engagement and high performance human resource systems. The unit covers a wide range of real-world cases and practical challenges.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- increase knowledge of leading ideas and trends in managing people
- develop personal and organisational strategies for managing and leading people in different organisational settings
- acquire practical skills through the application of knowledge to the diagnosis of real-world cases, and to solving problems in the design and management of people
- develop capabilities to be future generators of sustainable economic, social and environmental value for business.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in course 0028 to undertake this unit.